Study in Spain: Student Visa Application Process and Checklist
Student visas in Spain are generally easy to get upon acceptance into a Spanish university. Foreign (non-EU) students generally need a long-term visa to enter Spain which can be done from a Spanish consulate or embassy that has jurisdiction in your country of permanent residence. From the date the application is submitted it takes a maximum of 15 days for visa application process, however, the period can extend to 30 days for specific cases. The visa fee is 60 Euros and is payable to consulate of Spain. This fee is non-refundable.
Indian students will require the Type D Student Visa to study in Spain. This visa is made specifically for students like you who are ready to begin their study abroad adventure in Spain.
1. The college/university you applied to, will decide to give you admission based on your academic background.
2. If an applicant has been accepted by the college, you will be provided with an offer letter.
3. An applicant then has to pay the first instalment of the tuition fee before obtaining the visa.
4. Download and complete the National Visa Application Form. You should gather the necessary visa documents and submit them to the Embassy of Spain in New Delhi.
5. Indian students maybe must provide biometrics during the visa application process. Your biometrics are, basically, extra identification (e.g. fingerprinting and pictures) that countries use for security purposes.
6. You will have to attend a visa interview during the application process.
Indian students won't have to prove they speak English well enough to study in an international university in Spain. However, knowing Spanish can help. These language skills ensure that you can succeed in your classes and manage your way around Spain.
Students won't even need to set up a Restricted Bank Account. This type of bank account restricts the amount of money you can withdraw every month, and only allows you to access it when you arrive in Spain.
Basic Documents Requirements to Study in Spain:
- A passport of the applicant, valid for at least the duration of stay for which visa is being applied.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs with a white background.
- A duly signed application form and its photocopies.
- Original letter of acceptance from educational centre with contact details, date of commencement and completion of the course, programmes of studies to be followed.
- Photocopy of previous academic qualification.
- A photocopy of the draft through which fees has been paid.
- Medical certificate issued by any registered medical practitioners.
- Police clearance certificate issued by the competent authorities of the country.
- Proof of accommodation during stay in Spain.
- Proof of travel insurance. The minimum coverage will be 30,000Euros.
- Proof of economic means to support the entire duration of stay in Spain.
- A Criminal Record Certificate, if the applicant has resided in any other country during last five years.
- A letter from the university or school in Spain assuming full responsibility during your stay.
- Proof of financial aid or scholarship for at least $1,000 per month for room and board.
- Proof of financial responsibility from your parents or legal guardians.
- Personal bank account statements showing at least $1,000 per month for room and board.